24 July 2010

"25 things about me"

     I follow Cash Only Living, it's one of the three blogs that I really make sure I follows, others I follow and when I have a decent chunk of downtime and desire to do so I will go to where I last read and read up to the current point. Anyways taking the cue from Cash Only Living's current post I thought it would be fun.  So this is my "25 things about me"  post. Which are hopefully 25 things about me that you didn't already know.

  1. I have not finished college but am hoping to finish a degree now. Which of course isn't the degree that I was going for when I finished high school. It was going to be a psychology degree and now it's going to be a chemistry degree. I say hoping because between working fulltime and being a fulltime mom and wife, school is hard to fit in.
  2. I am slightly dyslexic. I say slightly because well I've learned how to cope with it and it is not a major roadblock to me in my life. I just have to focus harder on somethings then other people might. And this is not information I tell just anybody and everybody (though I seem to be doing it now). And it is only mild dyslexia not severe and not all encompassing. I just can't really read maps and I takes me time to figure out left and right. I also hold my pen "incorrectly" but I have lovely handwriting (or so I have been told a lot of times). I used to write with my head right next to the paper, but I outgrew that also.
  3. I LOVE to read. Wouldn't have thought this post would follow the other post would you have?
  4. I am a certifiable genius. You know mensa and the whole bit.
  5. I am a huge lover of the outdoors. Except dealing with spiders, I loathe spiders. But as long as they don't get too close to me, I can deal.
  6. I enjoy water activities but I don't know how to swim. Well I "know" how to swim, I understand it logistically but when it comes to applying it to real life, I panic. I almost drown once when I was like 5 and since then I am fine as long as I can touch the bottom with my head above the water, am on top of the water or in a life jacket (usually). All other times I panic and will drown myself if somebody doesn't save me. Not rational I know but what fear is?
  7. I love to bake and cook. Though I get stressed out if the timing isn't prefect or if it doesn't turn out prefect.
  8. I don't like being in large crowds or with lots of people for any real period of time. Though I used to do it when I would go party (I have never done drugs or smoked).
  9. I am the proud mother of to little boys. I really wanted a daughter. We are done having kids and I would never trade my boys for anything. But I am still disappointed in not having a daughter.
  10. I love to dance, jazz, ballet, hip hop.
  11. My favorite animal would be a horse. And one day I will have a horse again.
  12. I love animals but am not sure I want a pet. To me having a pet is like having another child and since my kids are 3 and 2 I am not looking for another "baby"  at this time.
  13. I can draw well but I can't paint worth beans.
  14. I enjoy sewing and designing clothes and costumes. I would never do this for a living, it falls in my to relax and enjoy section of life.
  15. I want to write a good book. Maybe not good in anybody else's opinion but good in mine. Maybe even get it published.
  16. I love to travel and go do things but not alone. Maybe it pathetic but I find things more fun with a friend or somebody you care about.
  17. I do NOT buy into the organic craze. Please don't try to convert me I am well versed on the topic. And while somethings might be a bit healthier not all things.
  18. I adore horror flicks but I like chick flicks too.
  19. I have a Twilight opinion. I know those books aren't great literary works or anything. But I did enjoy reading them. (and yes I admit I watch the movies (though they are NOT as good as the books)) And I think the HEALTHIER choice would've been for her to pick Jacob. Really crawling in some chick's window (who's blood you want to drain) and watching her sleep is NOT romantic it is CREEPY. In my humble opinion. But the question is what is wrong with them she is selfish and whiny. Didn't once think about her family in her decision to become a Cullen did she? Okay ending my tirade now. lol
  20. I loathe running and the gym. Hiking I will do happily, tennis, riding a bike outdoors, I am good with. Stick me in a building with lots of equipment (most I still don't know how to use) I hate it.
  21. I have PTSD. The details on why I do I am keeping to myself or well at least out of my blog.
  22. The shortest job I ever held lasted 3 months. And yes I quit, I am proud to say I have never been fired (yet and hopefully ever).
  23. I know sign language. I have since I was a little girl, my grandma was deaf.
  24. I am bilingual. It's just english and french. Not english and spanish which is what people are looking for in the area I live. (And pay quite well for also). I can speak italian, german and spanish but I am not fluent in any of them.
  25. I have known my husband since we were six. We rode the same bus, lived down the street from each other. We did not date until we were like 19.
      So there you have 25 things you probably didn't know about me. And hopefully they didn't scare you away from me and my blog. I hope you all are having a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I like 17. I feel organic is over-rated. There are exceptions, but I tend to only buy when cheaper or the same price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby: I might buy it if it' cheaper (but it usually not here. I will buy it if they are sold out of what I need and I don't want to drive across town to go to another store.
    Cash Only: Thank you.

    ReplyDelete