06 May 2010

Gym = Torture?

     Okay MAYBE not really (regarding the my title). I am so so so unfit since having my kids. Gone are the days of 50 mile backpacking trips. :( Maybe one day but not for awhile. We got or gym membership Saturday May 1st, for the year.. We went Sunday the 2nd. Mainly because we went to dinner at my BFF's and I refused to go to the gym at 10pm saturday night and turn around and go sunday morning too. So we went sunday did chest and tri's. Which wasn't as horrible as it could be. I am not enjoying the bike and treadmill every single day we go to the gym. But oh well. Monday we went when DH got off at 11pm and did back and bi's (and the treadmill and the bike). We took tuesday off, mainly because BIL wasn't home when DH got home from work and I didn't want to have to wait until midnight to go to the gym. I do have to work in the mornings after all.  So we did legs and shoulders last night (and the treadmill and the bike of course). We are taking tonight off I guess. DH says that you need to wait at least a day after doing legs.. The only thing I notice to day is while yes my muscles are a little sore my left knee is killing me. It started hurting last night while doing squats (I loathe squats btw), so I babied it while doing leg presses and everything. So really my right leg should hurt more then the left but the pain in my left knee trumps it.
      The whole gym thing is rather new to me. I was fit prior to kids but not by lifting weights at a gym. It came for being on dance team and working with horses. Not to mentioning those 50 mile backpacking trips and rock climbing... But then I got pregnant with my DS#1 and got lazy.. No more backpacking and rock climbing. No more dancing hello laziness and flab.. After I had DS#1 my mom got diganosised with cancer and I spent all my spare time with her and taking her to dr appointments. Unfortunately my mom lost her battle with cancer and then I found out I was pregnant with DS#2. So more flab. Now I am trying to get back or well closer to where I was pre-kids.  So wish me luck. And the person I have to work out with is DH. And he is all about weights and gym equipment; probably has something to do with his bodybuilder, dead lift title holder in 3 wieght classes father..
       My BIL (who is living with us) has gotten a job. :) Yippie. It's only minimum wage but it's a job and minimum wage is decent for a 17 yr old. He starts on the 13th. So hopefully that all works out well for him. We are trying to convince him to save as much as possible since he will be finding his own place to live by himself when he turns 18 in October. We still haven't sold our house. Oh well, I am sure one day we'll sale it. DH is talking about designing and building our house next time. I don't know about that though. FIL is a contractor and said he would build us a house if we wanted but I guess we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the Gym - I also hate that place. I am trying to bike now though.

    ReplyDelete