21 December 2010

4 more days...

    then it is CHRISTMAS..  Anyway our boss had a Christmas party last Saturday, it was nice. Tomorrow we are having a little Christmas party at work, with a "white elephant" gift exchange of sorts. I am assigned to bring something "sweet" for this party. My boss requested a blueberry pie so tonight I am making a blueberry pie. This is my first attempt at blueberry but I've made lots of other pies and a few berry pies, just not blueberry. I used Christmas cookie cutters to make a decorative top "crust". It's in the oven now baking and since I didn't know if it would turn out (If it doesn't I have a back up plan for a different dessert (not another blueberry though)) I took a picture of it before sticking it in the oven.
wah-la not perfect but I think it will be cute
   I am glad to be ready for Christmas. No last minute Christmas shopping for this girl. We had too take all the presents from under the tree. The boys kept sneaking them to open them partway to see if it was their gifts. Now they are in the back room until Christmas. It snowed again over the weekend so we made a snowman and a snow puppy.






No comments:

Post a Comment