01 December 2010

I have a problem...

       
                Okay maybe not a problem but issues. I enjoy the holiday season, I like finding that gift for people I love that I think they will truly love and enjoy. And I love the feeling you get when you give it to them and the light up with happiness. No; this is not my issue. I am crazy have a little issue with being a control freak needy when it comes to knowledge, any knowledge but worse so when it directly effects me. What that doesn't sound so bad? Okay, it sounds horrible, especially when you grasp what that truly means. It being the holiday season and with Christmas coming up some of my loved ones is buying me gifts. *Gasp* the horrors. Yeah I know I am not getting any sympathy from you. I manage to stamp down my insatiable need to know everything for the most part on a normal basis. Unfortunately if say like wonderful amazing DH bought me a gift and then tells me "I found a gift I think you'll really enjoy/like/love or any other adjective" I then need to know what that item is. So I proceed to guess and try to get him to tell me. I even offer to tell him his gift in exchange. This never works. Ever. Argh. Darn him. I would be better off if I was left in the dark until I was giving said gift so I do not have to obsess over it for more than the amount of time it takes me to open the gift.




          I now have the knowledge that he bought me something but not the knowledge of what it is. Sure I could find out what store he bought it from or I could go search for it. But that smacks of unfair and wrong. So I will wait and suffer and nag negotiate. I do try to keep it to the minimum, especially since I know he won't tell me anything. Sometimes I think he tells me because he enjoys watching me suffer guess and negotiate to find out. Okay probably in reality he is just excited and wants to share that with me. Alright I just wanted to rant for a bit. I am all better now. Really I am. I promise. What you don’t believe me? You still think I am crazy have issues? Yeah yeah you are probably right but at the moment I am no obsessing about it. And for the record I know I am blessed and lucky. I have a wonderful sweet amazing husband who loves me.  I just have issues. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment