19 October 2010

Day 9732

           First let me start by saying I can't wait not to be sick anymore. I haven't gone to the gym like I should be because of being sick. Boo. I am still working so obviously I am not on deaths door but the achy, headache and sore thoart just need to go already. Yeah yeah rest and plenty of fluids. I have the latter part down pat but the beginning not so much but more then I was since no gym time. But that doesn't help me lose any of my fatness. Let's see I am super excited to see my sister in November. Yay! I love my big sis and am so proud of her and all she has done and all she does for our country. November is going to be a good month, I am also excited to have family photos done by the amazing Diane of Aland Photo. I love her work and as she said "I love photography styles from the 70's, the use of props (especially sweet treats and vintage items), unique locations, and natural light." Diane also has a blog on blogger that I believe I linked in the last blog, so if you haven't check it out you should do so. The link again. You can check out some of her photos there (or at the first link which is her web site). And if anybody is in the area where she takes pictures you should so have them done. The prices are great (in my humble opinion) and the pictures are AMAZING. Maybe I am biased but I think they are awesome. And no I am not related to her in any shape or form. But I do know Diane, she is a great wonderful person with a big heart, who is a fab mommy and a talented photographer. Okay I will leave the bragging about her alone for now.  :0)

           Now onto bragging about my children. Lol. So as you may (or maynot know) I have two sons, DS1 is 3 and DS2 is 2. DH and I have been learning japanese. DH would really love to live visit Japan for a time. And while yes I know they are one of the amazing countries who actively teach multiple languages to their students until they are fluent and a lot of them do speak English I demanded thought we should learn Japanese. So we are going to take courses at the local Community College in Japanese. But some of the basics you can learn online, like counting. As the crazy lady go getter I am, we have begun.  So my wonderful sons can now count to ten in english, spanish and japanese. I haven't got them to learn it in French yet. DH put the kabosh on me teaching them spanish and since my spanish is spotty at best I didn't push it. I was going to teach them some French, might as well put my 3 years of French classes to some use right? But then I decided we agreed to learn Japanese so they boys are going to learn whatever we can teach them. Since I doubt the College will let a 2 and 3 year old take the class. So if it isn't obvious yet I am obsessed enjoy learning other languages. Unfortunately I can only hold beyond a basic conversation in English, French and American Sign Language (my paternal grandma was deaf). I have the basics down is Spanish and Italian but I never took beyond a 1st year introductory class in either of them (not even that when it came to spanish). Anyways I am so so proud of my kids they learned to count to ten in Japanese before daddy could remember it all.  DH doesn't have knack for learning languages but he tries and I am sure in the end he will at least get the basics down.
    While hopefully one day we will visit Japan, first we are visiting England (to visit my sister once she is there), Scotland, Ireland and France. Which if all goes as planned we will be doing that in the year 2011 (that's right next year). Can't wait it should be fun. We will have to get the boys their passports. DH and I already have our's from when we went to Mexico last year. So I really need to crack down and start going to the gym again, sick or not. I need to get into decent shape before snowboarding season. DH says the better shape your end the less hurt you get when if I bif it. That's right I am a crazy lady person who enjoys hurtling sliding down a mountain at fast speeds avoiding trees and other crazy people skiiers and boarders.  The best part is in December when we go I get to see my amazing friend and go boarding with her and her new husband. Yay! We have a 2 bedroom suite booked at the resort so we will probably invite another couple to go with us and cover part of the cost.
where we will be in December (see plenty of trees)

Where DH boarded in Alaska (see the lack of trees)

              Now don't worry DH has been boarding down in the lower 48 also, so he knows how to board around trees also.

No comments:

Post a Comment