22 October 2010

Day 9735

apple cake num num num
          So far the day has been decent but it's only lunch time so that might change.  My best friend and her SO is coming over for dinner tonight. We are planning steak and potatoes with corn and rolls for dinner. My apple cake for dessert of course. Yummy. :) It felt like a fall dessert to me so that's the way I decided to go.  Hopefully it will be lots of fun.. Maybe we can even play some games, like Apples to Apples. Or my favorite...

photo from Amazon

             I am weird yes I know.. Tomorrow is my neice's 2nd birthday. We won't be able to all be there because DH works and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive. And the plan is to take the boys to the pumpkin patch in the morning. I am sure they will love it. I plan on driving to my SIL's next weekend with the boys and maybe they and their cousins can go trick 'r treating together. I think it would be fun and cute. I would have to drive back on halloween since I work but it would be fun for them I think. DH works so he would stay home but I don't think he would mind the peace and quiet for two days. LOL.
            My knitting project is going nowhere. I repeat nowhere. I guess I need to get on to the ball because I am being a slacker. But I will no admit defeat I will finish a minmum of one of them before christmas. I've done some sketches. I really think I might mat and frame some of them for gifts for certain people. I am also thinking of making a calendar with pictures of the boys for each month and dress them up in a theme for each month. I think it would be cute. And they are still young enough to tolerate it enjoy it. 
          Even though all some of my friends think I am crazy weird quirky for listening to bubblegum oldies and maybe I'm guilty of often sometimes quoting lyrics from songs that came out decades before I was born, I still love enjoy listening to it. And my the lovely lady I share an office with at work doesn't complain when I play songs from before either of us were born. Don't worry I don't do it all the time, just occassionally. I enjoy all types of music to some degree. I am definately a mood listener. My mood determines what I enjoy listening to at the time. Is anybody else that way or am I just a freak of nature weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment