31 March 2010

Bad

      I've been bad, okay not really. I didn't make a menu plan this week. And I thought about it yesterday but was lazy and didn't do it. This is the last week I get to eat dinner with my husband on a pretty daily basis (on rare occassions, if we have other plans or he has to work a double we don't). My DH switches to swing shift for the next sixth month starting the first sunday of apr. :'( Since I work day shift it means little to no seeing each other 5 days a week. Especially since we will have the same days off. This isn't the first time we've worked different shifts but we usually had different days off, which made it seem like we got to spend more time together than we will now. DH is stoked to have weekends off during the summer, he all talking going to the river and going water skiing and yaddah yaddah. Which I am okay with rarely. Lol, I am not a big swimmer so going swimming in the river all day every weekend really isn't my thing. Besides we have two little boys to think about. So the occassions I go won't be all day and we will bring the boys otherwise it'll mean he'll go with his friends minus the boys and me. And yes some time apart is fine, doing things without one another is fine. I do things without him now as he does without me now.
           Right now we have evenings together 7 nights a week. We obviously aren't together 7 nights a week constantly we do seperate things from one another from time to time. As I stated above. But with him working swing shift we will have a couple hours in the morning before I go to work IF he gets up before I leave that is 5 days a week. Reality of the matter is he won't be getting out of bed until I go in the room and tell him he has to get up I am leaving and the kids are awake. So we will see each other in the morning as I wake him up because I am leaving and he needs to be up with our 1 year and 3 year old. Then we both will have saturdays and sundays off. Besides that we won't see each other. The way he talks is he will be sending every day off when the sun is shining at or on the river with his friends and brother. I doubt it will actually end but what can I say I am selfish, I like to spend time together darn it. I hate the idea of seeing each other 6 hours a week. Grr. Reality will probably be we will spend time together and time apart every weekend. Which is the sane and ratitional thing to do. I know this, I am sure DH knows this. But just sitting here thinking about how little time together we will have the next 6 months makes me sad. I know it will be alright though and I shouldn't worry about it. Positive point is the children will need very little child care, which is being provided right now by my BIL. Who may or may not end up living with us. (Before anybody jumps to any weird assumption about him being a deadbeat without a job and freeloading, he is only 17) Well break about over so I should end this and log off.

No comments:

Post a Comment