21 March 2010

Today

     We have company coming over my friend D and her fiance Matt. I hate trying to make everything all at once, especially with company over. I like everything to be prefect. So my solution today was to make the meatballs and the sauce, combine them in a slow cooker and turn it on warm. That way I can make it a bit ahead of time, clean up that mess and have it ready. I will still have to cook the wheat spaghetti noodles and the gralic bread. Orginally I planned on making cheesy garlic bread but I changed my mind. So DH is picking up some gralic bread or at least some french bread that I can turn into garlic bread on his way home from his j-o-b. I will also heat up some corn to go with dinner. I didn't make a dessert.. We still have cake left from the last one I made. I made a butter cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. So if they want dessert they can eat that. Call me lazy but I didn't feel too well so I am not caring a whole lot on this.
    Game night last night was a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again. DH had a lot of fun also. I have two little boys wearing "big boy undies" today.  The oldest (he is 3) is potty trained so it's not an issue with him, the younger one (he is 1) isn't, not even close. But he wanted to be like his big brother and his big brother wanted him to be like him. So I see a huge mess for me to clean up in a bit but hey maybe I am wrong. I can hope can't I? Actually he went potty in the potty once. But that was more his older brother convincing him to sit on the potty and it just kind of lucked out. No accident yet but it's only been on for about an hour. I should probably have him sit on that potty again or at least switch him to a pull up from those big boy undies. I guess I will just wait and see how the day progresses. Well I hope you all are having a wonderful sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment