15 March 2010

Dinner Plans

       So in honor of my Irish heritage and St Patrick's day on Wednesday I am making a few irish meals.  Now Marion you can't comment on how I am of scottish and irish heritage but I rarely make scottish or irish dishes. I am making 5 days worth of them in a row along with some Irish Flag Cookies and Lemon Whiskey Cake. So if you are nice I will bring you some Flag Cookies.. Maybe I will consider making a Conemarra Tart and bringing it to work and sharing with you.

Dinner Schedule for March 15th thru March 19th 2010

Monday Mar 15th – Boxty (which if you don’t know Boxty is Potato Griddle Cakes, I know this is a breakfast dish but I like Boxty and don’t have time to make it in the mornings but on the weekends so it’s now dinner. LOL) with scrambled eggs and sausage (of course) and toast with homemade jam.

Tuesday Mar 16th – Glazed Corned Beef with steamed potatoes, turnips, carrots and boiling onions and rolls of course

Wednesday Mar 17th – an Irish Stew of course, in the slow cooker since it’s easier for me this way. I love my slow cooker.

Thursday Mar 18th – Sausage and Potato Coddle or Roasted Leg of Lamb with potatoes, cabbage and green beans. I haven't completely decided yet I will have to see which my DH prefers.

Friday Mar 19th – Shepherd’s Pie made with Lamb since it's the traditional way to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment