17 March 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

         Happy St. Patrick's Day to everybody. Mine could've been better, without a sick kid for starters. Oh well. He will be okay and that's what matters. I have a slow cooker full of Irish Stew so that's good. So far I have stuck with my dinner plan. Just two more days to go on it. The Sausage and Potato Coddle that is on the menu for tomorrow sounds so unappealing to me right now. Guess that's part of the problem planning ahead. So if I don't want to make Sausage and potato coddle then I need to figure out something I can make that does NOT involve going to the store and buying more food. Thinking ahead though for the weekend and all I am thinking spaghetti and meatballs one night, it's been so long since I've made actual meatballs and white chicken chili the other night. I have all the stuff I need for both of those meals in either my freezer or pantry. I could even make corn bread for the chili. I could bake bread and make my own garlic bread for the spaghetti and meatballs but I don't know if I will have the energy or desire to do that.
          It's crazy to think I have to go to a wedding the last weekend of the month. My DH's sister my SIL is getting married. My SIL and I aren't exactly friends and to be honest I am not exactly sure of what I think or feel towards her. I know that sounds horrible. I've known DH since 1st grade but my SIL not so much. She lived with her mom for a good chunk of her childhood while DH lived with his dad. And when she moved back with my FIL I didn't really get to know her until later high school. It's weird to say where we might have been friends if I wasn't in a romantic relationship with DH even before he was DH. And we split up to go our seperate ways for awhile when we were 19 man did that girl trash talk. Her and her lil' friends. She wasn't exactly friendly with me until a bit after DH and I married. We both did the whole be polite towards each other because we both love DH (in different ways obviously). So I got talked into going to her bridal shower. And while that sounds awful but take into consideration she lives in a town about 3 hours away. I had plans I wanted to do with my friends here. And the people at her shower I didn't know except her and her lil' friends from the past.. That said and I know it still sounds awful, I did go to her shower. It was uncomfortable but pleasent I guess. It wasn't at her place but we were her ride so we took her there, that and her bff. Then afterwards she wanted to stop at the store, so off we went. Me tagging along, uncomfortable and third wheel like (even though there was more than 3 people and really it was an even ratio but yeah). So by the end of the day I can't say I was glad to have gone but it's probably best that I did. I want to state I don't dislike my SIL and I care what happens to her. I wish her the best but I am not sure big on events I can get up and leave when I feel the desire to. I take my in-laws the same way I take my family, in small doses. The only things I take in large doses in my DH and kids and my work. The latter because I have to. I don't even take my friends in large doses and I picked them. Just saying, I am not a people person. I am nice enough but I have a hard time taking people especially lots of people for any duration of time.
       So now it's time to find some lunch, I could have left over corn beef I guess and get ready to go into work. Don't want to pile it all onto Marion's shoulders. See I can be nice.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment